It’s one of the most difficult decisions you have to make when eating out: “Would you like a table inside or outside today?”
However, don’t panic! Remember the fresh air will do you good and if you happen to be dining at one of the following restaurants, you won’t even have to hesitate. You’ll just come right out and say, “Patio, please!”
Take a look at these five outdoor dining room options in the Kansas City area and pick the patio that best suits your mood and meal.
1. Patio with a view: If you like your cocktails with a side of scenery then it’s about time you tried Trezo Mare in Kansas City. Sitting pretty in Briarcliff Village, this restaurant and lounge is heavy on the lounging this time of year. Food, fire and friends frequently fill Trezo Mare’s patio late into the evening. You’ll also have the perfect spot to see Kansas City’s skyline light up in the distance.
Photo courtesy of Trezo Mare (Kansas City, MO)
2. The rooftop patio: Coach’s Bar and Grill is one of the first sports bars in Kansas City—it’s been locally owned and operated since 1982—but this patio is still as lively as ever. True, this Overland Park location has only been open since 2011, but the bar’s dedication to sports, sports and more sports is still easy to see—especially on the rooftop patio. This area comes with a fully-loaded bar, high-top tables and plenty of big screens so you can root for the home team.
Coach’s Bar & Grill (Overland Park, KS)
3. The indoor/outdoor patio: Want to feel the summer breeze without committing to outdoor seating entirely? BRGR Kitchen + Bar in Prairie Village is the place for the undecided. When the glass patio doors open up, the indoor and outdoor dining worlds collide. So no matter what seat you choose, you’ll get to experience a bit of that patio magic with your gourmet burger + fries.
Photo courtesy of BRGR Kitchen + Bar (Prairie Village, KS)
4. The double-decker patio: You know what they say: double the patio is double the fun. Or maybe that’s just what they say at Johnny’s Tavern in Shawnee. Regardless, this neighborhood bar just took its patio to a whole new level—literally. These new digs put the deck in double-decker. See if the beer really does taste better in higher altitude and click here to relive the magic of a World Cup watch party at Johnny’s.
Johnny’s Tavern (Shawnee, KS)
5. The garden patio: Leave the big city behind and eat under the treetops at Renée Kelly’s Harvest restaurant. Brunch, lunch or opt for a three-course dinner on the stone patio tucked behind the castle. You’ll never grow tired of this eatery because the farm-to-table menu changes faster than the weather in Kansas.
Renee Kelly’s Harvest (Shawnee, KS)
Where’s your favorite place to eat outdoors? Tell us in the comments below and in the meantime, happy dining!